Healthy skin is something everybody wants to have, but actually achieving it isn’t always that easy. How to take care of your skin isn’t something you’re born knowing, and buying skin care products isn’t exactly simple, either. In fact, there are so many products on store shelves that you may not know exactly what’s right. Use these tips to help you maintain healthy skin all year round.
1. Always wear sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 if you’re going to be spending time in the sun. Getting in the habit of using a high-quality moisturizer with an SPF rating of 15 or higher is also beneficial.
2. Add a high-quality anti-aging cream to your skin care regimen. Products made by reputable companies like Bellefontaine skin care can make a dramatic improvement in how your skin looks when used regularly.
3. Don’t smoke. Smoking narrows blood vessels and can make your skin look older than it really is. Cigarette and cigar smoke also sap moisture from your skin.
4. Skip strong soaps and abrasive cleaners. Look for mild cleansers that won’t strip the natural oils from your skin.
5. Don’t wash your face too often. You only need to wash your face once per day with lukewarm water using a mild cleanser. Washing a second time is fine if you perspire heavily outdoors or while exercising.
6. Keep stress under control. Too much stress in your life can trigger acne problems and other skin issues. Find a hobby, plan time with friends, or simply exercise to de-stress after a hard day.